Canberra’s longest operating tree care company.
Canopy, The Tree Experts is owned and operated by Bruno Wright. Canopy has been operating continuously in the ACT for 36 years.
We are here to provide you with solutions for any tree related problems. From power line clearing and tree felling to diagnosing pest and disease problems and providing solutions.
- Large and small tree pruning and deadwood removal
- Power line clearing
- Tree felling and wood chipping
- Stump grinding
- Large tree transplanting
- Pest and disease diagnosis
- Tree Management Plans
- Site Surveys
- Landscape management solutions
Canopy started when Bruno Wright and Phil Griffiths bought ACT Tree Felling (ACT) and Skyline Tree Surgery (South Coast) in 1986. Both Phil and Bruno worked in the business before purchasing. The partnership split in 1988 and at that time Bruno changed the name from ACT Tree Felling to ACT Tree Surgery to better reflect the care of trees not just removals. Unfortunately, and unknown to Bruno, the name ACT Tree Felling was re-registered by the original owner some years later. (Bruno has never sold the business , ACT Tree Felling) To eliminate confusion between the two businesses ACT Tree Surgery changed its name to CANOPY The Tree Experts.
Canopy has been the leader of both technology and knowledge in arboriculture in the ACT,
- Become Qualified Arborists and initiated the course in arboriculture at CIT Canberra
- Study in USA under Dr Alex Shigo
- Introduce safety harnesses and rope climbing to the ACT
- Wood chippers
- Stump grinders
- Member of Arboriculture Association of Australia (Now ISA Australia)
- Member of the International Society of Australia
- Provide tree management plans to SA4373-2007
- Transplanting large trees
- Sponsor for climbing competitions in ACT
Note from the owner…
It has been interesting journey and over the years I have seen many businesses come and go. Some have improved the industry and the level of tree care in Canberra while others appear only in gaining advantage in the progression in the industry.
When I started in this industry we had no education, no safety harnesses or climbing equipment, no chippers and employers provided no personal protective equipment. Through hard work and dedication Canopy has helped the ACT arbor industry to develop a safer and a more mature tree care culture.